Things I will miss about India:
- The amazing food!
- Autorickshaw rides
- The stunning Mughal and Rajput architecture everywhere
- Seeing enormous camels just ambling down the street
- The gloriously funny mis-spelled signs and menus
- Living a bit more simply than I do at home in the UK has been refreshing
- The friendliness of the people, especially the kids
- Oddly, I'll also miss the way cows have the right of way in every street!
Things I won't miss:
- Being stared at constantly
- Not being able to be able to relax and trust that the train/bus you are on will make it to the intended place at the intended time
- The life-threatening walks down narrow streets filled with motorbikes/rickshaws
- Haggling, and being suspicious that people are trying to rip me off
- The lack of a queueing system - having to push/be pushed (never thought I'd say something so stereotypically English!)
- For all that I've enjoyed the simpler life, I'm also looking forward to a few more mod cons again in Oz!
Overall, I've gotta say I really enjoyed this trip - now on to the next adventure! x